Oxygen Plant Operator At A Reputable Company
A reputable Company in Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oxygen Plant Operator
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos State
- Controls fractionating columns, compressors, purifying towers, heat exchangers, and related equipment to extract nitrogen and oxygen from air for industrial and therapeutic use: Turns valves in specified sequence to control flow of air through series of units that compress and liquefy it, remove carbon dioxide and impurities, and separate resulting product into nitrogen and oxygen.
- Observes pressure, temperature, level, and flow gauges to ensure standard operation.
- Tests oxygen for purity and moisture content at various stages of process, using burette and moisture meter.
- Opens valves to transfer liquid or gaseous oxygen through heat exchanger to cool air, to heat and vaporize liquid oxygen, and to store gaseous or liquid oxygen in storage tanks at specified temperature and pressure.
- Adjusts equipment according to test results and knowledge of process and equipment.
- Turns valves to transfer compressed oxygen to storage cylinders.
- Cleans and repairs equipment, such as replacing defective valves and removing carbon from valves, using hand tools and air hose.
- May operate equipment to extract, compress, and liquefy hydrogen from natural gas and be designated Liquid-Hydrogen-Plant Operator.
- May clean and refill drier with activated alumina.
- May open valves to convey hot nitrogen through alternate batteries of driers to remove moisture.
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must stay within Ikorodu.
- B.Sc in Chemical Engineering.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Oxygen Plant Operator” as the subject of the email.
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Address Lagos
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5