Summit Orthopaedics is a start up company dedicated to providing cutting edge solutions to bone and joint problems.
- We are looking for a competent Nurse to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
- They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
- Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
- Assessing patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- Communicate with physicians, LPNs, radiologists and other medical professionals
- Track and maintain medical supply inventory along with other staff members.
Full-time role will include providing a full range of duties including:
- Proven experience as operating room nurse (circulating and scrub)
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding organizational ability
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Other Requirements: Resident in Lagos, preferably Egbeda.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email or Click the apply button below