Our client a newly established hospital in Osun state Nigeria is looking to recruit a medical laboratory technician to Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- (toxicology) identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- (chemistry) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- (hematology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- (immunology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunoassay, and serological testing.
- (Microbiology) provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacterium.
- (blood bank) ensures the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- (blood bank) assures future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining blood bank database.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and
- Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confiden Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in medical laboratory science
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- 3-5 years Medical laboratory experience preferred
How To Apply
Send Application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Address The Professional Place 12B, Olumoroti Street, Gbagada Phase2, Gbagada, Lagos
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10