Mechanical / Electrical Automation Technician Recruitment at Guiness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Mechanical / Electrical Automation Technician
Ref Id: JR1028602
Job Location: Ikeja-Lagos & Benin-Edo
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Lagos and Benin Breweries produce 1.5 to 1.6 million hectolitres each of various Guinness products per annum and package these products for the local, national and export markets.
- GNPLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
- The Electrical Technician Automation are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Automation Engineer Packaging
Purpose of Role
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track.
- Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence Manage spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Technicians will demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Support site in ensuring power systems and lightening controls and maintenance
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets.
- Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND/HND/BSc in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering and others as applicable or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Proven skills and experience in Bottling principles and processes, SHE principles and procedures, electrical control principles and ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Interested and Qualified Candidates? CLICK HERE to Apply
- Address Lagos
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5