- Leadership/Supervisory Role: The Head of Accounting first and foremost plays a leadership role where he leads both the accounting and tax accounting departments. In his leadership role, the Head of Accounting supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Policy Formation: The Head of Accounting also plays a leading role in creating and enhancing financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department. He ensures that there is consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the Accountinbusiness’s overall goals and objectives.
- Documentation & Reporting: The Head of Accounting also leads the department in the documentation of all financial books and records. He also prepares reports in reflection of the revenue quarterly/annual processes, which he delivers directly to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Financial Analysis: The Head of Accounting is also tasked with leading the accounting departments in the preparation of accounts and conducting quarterly/annual auditing and the final preparation of accounts. The Head of Accounting leads the Accounting department in the preparation and monitoring the business’s annual budgets and liaises with external auditors to drive ad hoc projects that will improve process efficiency.
- Collaboration and Support: The role of the Head of Accounting is not an independent role and, as such he collaborates with various internal and external personnel in the execution of his functions.
- Research/Knowledge/Opportunity: The Head of Accounting takes initiative in ensuring departmental compliance with state tax requirements as well as with accepted accounting principles.
- The Head of Accounting liaises with senior finance department personnel in deciding on processes, and procedures to apply in the department and across the entire business
- Must be able to provide leadership to a team of accountants
- Must have worked in an FMCG company or a Financial Institute
- BA degree in finance, ACA an added advantage.
How To Apply
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Address Ikeja Lagos
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10