Graduate Trainee, Risk And Safety Engineer At DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited
DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited is a leading project delivery services company in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM), and Project Management Consultancy (PMC) services. The company was incorporated in 2003 through a Joint Operating Agreement by DeltaTek Engineering Limited (Nigerian company) and WorleyParsons Europe Limited (an International Engineering Design Consulting Company) with 51% : 49% shareholding ratio respectively to provide world-class services in our primary industry sectors of hydrocarbons, power, infrastructure, minerals & metals and chemicals, encompassing both Greenfield and brownfield developments.
Graduate Trainee, Risk and Safety Engineer
Employment Type: Contractor
Job Level: Graduate
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- To provide risk management (safety and reliability) services to the project team.
- To be responsible to the performance of projects assigned to both in terms of technical capability and also commercial performance of the project.
- To promote WorleyParsons Safety & Risk Management to achieve project objectives.
Specific accountabilities are listed below:
- To Determine the Major Accident Hazard events and to apply a formalized approach of Hazard Management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of such hazards.
- To take ownership of and provide direction to engineers through ability to prepare and author full suite of project safety deliverables.
- Manage a team of professional and technical people.
- Act as mentor to graduate, design and project engineers, technicians and technical specialists.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Safety & Risk Department.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Hazard and Risk Management experience.
- To identify the safety engineering scope of work from basis of design.
- To be able to determine and estimate norms to conduct the scope of work.
- To be able to raise a suite of project deliverables including procedures, design basis and HES Plan & Schedules of Activities.
- Network and inter-discipline departments. Interface management with the client.
- Conduct HAZID workshops.
- Lead HAZOP workshops.
- Concept Option Selection.
- Inherent Safety Review.
- Fire & Explosion Analysis.
- Fire Protection related studies.
- Formal Safety Assessments.
- Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards.
Industry Specific Experience:
- 4 – 7 years industry specific experience.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates, CLICK HERE to Apply
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Address Lagos
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5