About the company:
Our Client is a pioneer multi-disciplinary professional real estate-based firm. It is a consortium of professionals comprised of Estate Surveyors, Valuers, Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Town Planners and Project Managers all working under the same roof, “The House of Estates”. Our client business is established in 1992, having several core competencies which include; Valuation of Property, Plant & Machinery, Project Management, Property Design and Development, Cost Control and Advice, Investment Feasibility and Viability Appraisal and Estate Agency and Management.
Our client is currently going into further diversification and investment and is therefore seeking the services of a dynamic General Manager Operations who is a goal oriented, achiever and a good team player to anchor the organizational boat to greater success.
About the Role:
As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born leader, a generalist who is familiar with all areas of the business and can coordinate processes and operations across the organization various line of business with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially Valuation of Property, Plant & Machinery, Project Management, Property Design and Development, Cost Control and Advice, Investment Feasibility and Viability Appraisal and Estate Agency and Management. You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency including driving initiatives to achieve profitability goals as well as short-medium- and long-term growth and sustainability of the business.
The Right Fit for this role should be able to speak the languages of finance and accounting, operations, project management, real estate, property valuation and project estimation, cost controls and investment advice, feasibility studies, including agency management and engineering.
Report to: Group Chairman
Supervise: GM Commercial, AGM Asset & FM, Legal & CS, Talent & Culture, New Business & Innovation.
Liaise with: Estate Services, Collections Manager, Legal, Finance, New Business and Strategic Projects Head, Agency Business & Marketing.
Job Location: Lagos.
Role Objectives: Ensure delivery of business objectives across Financial, Customer, Operations and Talent by taking ownership of the entire operations value chain from strategy formulation to development and implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the different business unit of the organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business for more profitability.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the different business unit of the organisation their assigned job duties.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of service offerings to customers and clients.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent to grow the consortium business investment.
- Communicate strategy, key performance metrics and results to all employees and stakeholders.
- Engage with corporate executives in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Schedule regular team meetings to discuss business updates, issues and recommendations.
- Must be able to plan, develop and implement workable strategy for rebranding the consortium different business units to gain more market acceptability and growth.
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure that positions are filled promptly
- Instil a culture within the entire organization to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed to promote customer service excellence and internal collaboration to achieve goals and maintain exceptional working environment.
- Maintain and improve operational strategies to maximize level of service.
- Work closely with the marketing teams to support programs that maximize revenue
- Manage all outside vendors and service contracts, maintain a good working relationship with all stakeholders and manager, ensure compliance with all local regulations and government agencies.
- In addition, the GM Operations is responsible for coaching and training team members to equip them with requisite skills and competencies to deliver and exceed targets, driving innovation and compliance to internal processes across the operations value chain to ensure a pleasant customer experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies Requirement
- 10-15 years of relevant work experiences in project management or similar role in Real Estate Sector
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and to meet commitments
- Strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications, property valuation, cost estimation, investment advice and with terms and conditions of Project and operational related Contracts, Subcontracts, and the entire business value chain.
- Excellent issues analysis, reporting and communication with interpersonal skill.
- Possessing skills in Leadership, team building, communication, decision making, problem-solving, presentation and organizing.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to read and interpret the financial statements, good understanding of budgetary and control analysis.
- Must possess the required educational qualification with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to personalize the consortium vision and mission making it attainable in all aspect of the consortium business unit.
- University Degree in any related field.
- Professional Certification is a must in any of the client-related business disciplines,
- Master degree is an added advantage.
- Relevant training and experience is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate should visit www.talentsandskills.net to apply and send cv to email@example.com
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20