JOB TITLE: DISPATCH RIDERS (3 POSITIONS)
Our client, an integrated logistics and e-commerce conglomerate with
an exponential growth plan is seeking the services of an experienced
professional to fill the position of a DISPATCH RIDER
The Dispatch Rider would be responsible for ensuring that assigned
motorcycle is used for authorized assignments and is in good working condition always.
1. SSCE/OND Applicant should have a minimum of two years of experience
in the advertised role.
2. Proven experience as a dispatcher or related experience
3. Applicants must be familiar with routes within and around Lagos.
4. Applicants who have undergone training and acquired certifications
related to Safety & Environment will have an added advantage.
5. Have good numeric skills for delivery and expenses records.
6. Ability to work under pressure
7. Rider must be outspoken and able to read and write.
8. Organizational and multitasking abilities
The Dispatch Rider Duties include:
1. Ride the company’s motorcycle to accomplish official duties.
2. Must observe all HSE driving related policies to ensure the
consistent safety of documents and motorcycle.
3. Report to the on all matters relating to assigned motorcycle to the
4. Responsible for updating the Drivers Logbook on a daily basis with
the required information.
5. Must ensure that assigned motorcycle documents/ particulars are
updated and valid.
6. Must ensure that the motorcycle is cleaned routinely or when the need
7. Responsible for carrying out the daily inspection on the general
condition of assigned motorcycle and must properly lock motorcycle when
there is a need to leave them unattended to.
8. Responsible for internal and external mails distribution when
9. Transporting and receiving invoices and documents items quickly by
10. Record information, such as items received and delivered
11. Dispatch riders sign for the package on the collection and get an
appropriate person to sign for it upon delivery
12. Plan and follow the most efficient routes for making deliveries
13. Manage, develop and dispatch tobacco products effectively to retail
customers in assigned territory
14. Ensure that tobacco products are available, visible and accessible
in retail outlets in assigned territory (proper and effective display/merchandising of the products)
15. Draw up weekly route plans and commit to same
16. Ensure prompt and correct product and POS pickup and recording
17. Ensure sales targets are met
18. Ensure correct products are dispatched promptly using the motorcycle
19. Ensure daily reconciliation of previous stock issued with sales
20. Maintain daily and accurate collection, remittance and
reconciliation of cash from retail outlets to the supervisor
21. Ensure proper and efficient use of company tools (Motorcycle, Sales
22. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5