EAGLES BOOK CLUB
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Eagles Foundation invites applicants to apply for the Eagles Book Club Administration Program 2020. The position will be made available to youths who reside in Sokoto State, Nassarawa State, FCT Abuja and Kwara State who can navigate and travel easily to some communities in the states.
What will Volunteers of EAGLES BOOK CLUB do?
Among the major responsibilities, a Volunteer will:
- Manage a book club in a secondary school in rural communities in Sokoto, Nassarawa or Kwara State.
- Mentor members of the book club
- Be available at least twice in a week (one hour/day).
- Discuss climate change with students
- Undertake data collection on the specific books read.
- Give periodic report to Eagles Foundation for Humanity on the performance of the students.
- Assist in organizing competitions and participate in projects necessary for the attainment of SDG 4.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE EAGLES BOOK CLUB PROGRAM
- Is an undergraduate or have completed full-time studies (secondary, school certificate bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment;
- Further, be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification.
- In addition, applicants need to be familiar with basic computer programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialized computer programs, for example, statistical software such as XLStat may be an advantage.
- Must showcase interest in literature.
- Depending on the area of interest, the below experience may be necessary and/or would be an advantage.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports. Similarly, s/he must have experience in the subject area through academic work or research.
- Field and/or developing country experience.
- Excellent English language skills.
- In addition to that, knowledge of the local language in some schools can be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY FOR EAGLES BOOK CLUB ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM?
Applicants may apply for EAGLES BOOKS CLUB ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM by submitting the online application https://www.eaglesfoundationfh.org/call-for-volunteer/
Further, the applicants will require a recent CV and cover letter to apply for the internship. Also, the interns may submit any relevant portfolio and documentation.
Applicants may apply for the EAGLES BOOK CLUB ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM before 11:59pm on December 29, 2019
Eagles Foundation for Humanity will not accept any more application after the deadline.
COMPLAINTS AND ENQUIRIES
Enquiries and complaints should be addressed to the Acting Director of Media and Publicity, LegalEagle via email@example.com
- Address Forte Oil filling station 5/6 Fetuga Street off Ladilak bus-stop Shomolu Bariga Lagos.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5