Accounts/Admin Assistant At Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Accounts/Admin Assistant at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited, would be expected to perform accounts and administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Bank reconciliations at intervals and as at when needed.
- Proper documentation of supporting documents.
- Obtain price quotations, negotiate with vendors and present a cost benefit analysis with recommendations to further inform decision making on procurement processes
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement process.
- Monitor the contracting process and assist in the preparation of contracts.
- Petty cash Management (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Management of Emergency Card funds (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Reconciliation of expenses for trip advancements
- Compilation and monitoring of staff Timesheets
- Manage collection of fines for late coming
- Assist with any other duties as assigned by the accountant and management.
- Responsible for ensuring proper procurement process are followed.
- Ensuring that FX memo are signed and filed after every FX sales transaction.
- Responsible for remittance of monthly pension deductions and PAYE and filing of monthly returns with tax authorities.
Personal Assistance to Managing Partner:
- Take minutes and notes when necessary
- Schedule Managing Partners events, speaking and engagements
- Draft mails and letters on behalf of Managing Partner when required
- Organise, manage events when scheduled
- Office and car key management
- Screen vendors and update Sahel vendors list
- Coordinate and manage the office library
- Preparation of the End-Of-The-Year-Party checklist and ensuring they are properly completed and adhered to.
- Coordination of office repairs and assisting in maintaining the day-to-day running of operations
- Oversee the planning of any social event held by Sahel Consulting—Retreats, End-of-Year party, Procurement and distribution of gifts to staff and external parties and any other event.
- Other duties as might be assigned by the Management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (Preferably ACA).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
- Knowledge of consulting based accounting and experience with developed consulting firms is a plus
- Strong personal integrity and accountability
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?CLICK HERE to Apply
- Salary Offer Attractive
- Address Lagos
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5