JOB TITLE: Professional Baker
Job Purpose: Baking highest quality goods including a variety of muffins, desserts, scones, cakes and breads throughout the day, and for maintaining high levels of food hygiene and cleanliness.
Responsible to: Bakery Manager/ Head of Operations
Responsible for: delivering high-quality products that are attractive, appetizing and nutritious.
Job Description: Bakery Operations
• Ensuring that the daily bakery range is made to a high standard in a timely, safe and consistent manner.
• Baking, shaping and finishing high quality breads.
• Preparing the necessary ingredients to bake rolls, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and other products.
• Cleaning bakery machinery, equipment, storage and preparation areas.
• Making sure that baked products look attractive to the eye
• Accurately following recipe formulas and weighing ingredients.
• Assisting with Health and Safety procedures.
• Ensuring that baking equipment is fully functional and stored correctly.
• Cleaning areas after use.
• Rolling and cutting dough into shapes.
• Measuring and mixing ingredients into dough according to a recipe.
• Wrapping and packing bread after it has been made.
• Monitoring the ovens.
• Able to work according to tight production schedules.
• Baking, icing and decorating cakes.
• Maintaining accurate and up-to-date bakery administrative records.
• Using weights and measures to weight the correct amount of ingredients for recipes.
• Adhering to the company’s code of ethics.
• Following all reasonable instructions given by the Bakery Manager.
Key Skills & Competence:
• Fully aware of company standards concerning food production, food presentation and food handling.
• Punctual, never late and always on time.
• Physically fit and able to remain standing for long periods of time.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Demonstrating professionalism and a commitment to teamwork in everything that she does.
• Experience of producing baked goods by hand as well as by machinery.
• Sound knowledge of artisan bread, different dough’s, pastries, danishes, croissants and other vienoisserie items.
• Able to bake different products in different equipment.
• Developing and testing new baking recipes.
• Experience of using kitchen equipment such as a rolling pins, industrial mixing machines and industrial ovens.
• Can remain focused for long periods when carrying out repetitive tasks.
• Committed to dealing with problems before they arise.
Areas of Expertise:
• Excellent Baking Techniques
• Recipe creation
• Good Quality control
• Good Production control
• Good Customer Relations
• Good Maintenance culture.
• Must be from IVORY COAST, TOGO or GABON Only. We will check passports/identification documents.
• Diploma/Degree in Professional Bakery.
• 3years’ cognate experience in bakery
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong passion for food
• A team-oriented, patient, reliable, and hospitable Baker
• A hardworking, punctual and safety conscious baker
• Have high levels of personal hygiene.
• Attention to detail
• Positive and upbeat about everything that S/he does.
• Developing plans of action to get things done.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Accommodation provided
• Payment of agency fee after staff stays two months.
• 2 weeks’ annual leave.
• Attractive salary package.
Career LevelExperienced Professional (Non-Managerial)
INDUSTRYBanking, Insurance/Financial Services