About the company:
Our client is a global real estate brand, specializing in providing a premium service through exceptional marketing and professionalism in the upper quartile of the market.
With its origins in the UK some few years ago it has since expanded to include countries such as South Africa, Dubai, Mauritius, West Africa, Malta and Thailand. With over 300 offices globally and an ever expanding network of real estate professionals, our client has become one of the world’s largest and most prestigious real estate networks.
If you believe you are a champion and possess relevant skills and competencies to work in a high standard and challenging environment, then read on.
Job Title: Head, Human Resources & Administration.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer.
Job purpose: Responsible for the development of the Human Resources and management of Administrative activities to meet the existing and future requirements of the business.
• Responsible for creating, implementing & maintaining all HR & Administration related policies and procedures and ensuring effective communication in the company.
• Create and manage HR and administration budget along with other HODs and drive recruitment activity to achieve the staffing objectives.
• Design, implement and manage the Compensation & benefits programme of the company by monitoring the salary structure and balancing staffing needs with cost controls.
• Develop an effective Performance management system and assist other departments in managing performance to create a high performance team.
• Identify training & development needs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with other HODs and developing and implementing the training calendar.
• Responsible of compliance with statutory and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
• Support Operations by supervising staff, planning, Organizing and implementing administrative systems.
• Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
• Maintain all personnel files.
• Act as back-up to Staff Accountant for payroll processing.
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any related discipline
• Relevant professional membership in Human Resources or other professional certifications would be desirable.
Experience & Training:
• 7-10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of progressive and hands-on HR generalist experience and 3 years in customer support and administrative services roles; 3-5 years, supervisory experience
• Experience in supervising and managing professional staff.
• Experience as a trusted resource as a member of a senior level executive team.
• Experience or knowledge in the real estate sector will be an added advantage.
Key Skills/Competencies Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
• Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
• Exhibits an unusual degree of common sense in working with co-workers and the executive team.
• Able to direct the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while remaining cost-sensitive.
• Must exhibit a commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
• Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
• Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in human resources including Microsoft Office suite of products, file management, and benefits administration.
• Experience in organization development and change management.
• Must have a working knowledge and be current with all relevant employment related laws
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and development and office administration.
• Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS programs
• Must be accurate and efficient, high energy, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality and excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on senior management teams that provide leadership and strategic direction
• Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
• Presentable and Personable.
• Hardworking, Persistent & Dependable.
• Ability to deliver under pressure.
• Customer focused and results driven.
Closing Date: September 12, 2016
Method of Application: All suitably qualified candidates are to apply online at www.talentsandskills.net
Career LevelManager (Staff Supervisor/Head of Department)